Working on an IIoT campaign? Take 60 seconds to review this list of commonly used IIoT phrases. Then work hard to find the unique stories and words that capture your IIoT value.
Here Are 33 IIoT Messages You Can Find Just About Anywhere
- Drive unconventional growth
- Creating new business models
- Transform your workforce
- (Improve) operational efficiency
- Digital transformation
- Disrupting the industry
- Future ready
- Transforming data into insights
- Business disruption
- Transformative outcomes
- Reveal hidden insights
- Unprecedented efficiency and production
- Transformative operational and financial benefits
- Manage assets and operations more efficiently
- Provide valuable insights
- Greater efficiency and optimization
- Deliver new business opportunities
- Increasing profitability and productivity
- Seize strategic and transformational opportunities
- Make customers more productive and efficient
- Make informed decisions
- Enable breakthrough results
- In real time
- Smarter, faster business decisions
- Driving powerful business outcomes
- Solve the biggest challenges
- Increase throughput
- Reduce operating expenses
- Optimize assets
- Business transformation
- Improve accuracy of decision-making
- Customer intimacy
- Future-proof investments
Not Sure Where to Start?
Pretty bad, huh? That list took about 10 minutes to compile from just a handful of well-known websites. Let’s just say the industry-jargon machines are churning at an unprecedented rate when it comes to IIoT.
This is especially important to understand when you’re entering a category that just about every other peer and competitor are entering simultaneously. Here’s an excerpt from a recent blog I wrote on IIoT messaging that gives some advice: "Define your IIoT by the work it does and the specific value it can deliver for your customers. If you have a niche, define it and use it to your advantage." You can read the entire blog here.
If you operate in a niche, embrace it. Promise something specific and over-deliver. Create simple visuals in the forms of schematics and infographics which show how your company and its IIoT offering fit into your customers’ big pictures. Large enterprises have expansive technology strategies, so it’s imperative to be able to show how you “plug in” to their environment. You don’t have to look like you created the industrial internet of things; just show how you can help customers further exploit it for their benefit.