TriComB2B, a nationally recognized agency for B2B marketing and communications, is seeking an experienced professional to fill a new and exciting role as our Media Strategist.
Who We Are:
TriComB2B is a full-service, business-to-business (B2B) marketing agency. We are unabashedly devoted to industrial and technical B2B marketing and helping customers to design simple, effective ways to connect with audiences — no matter how complex their stories. We provide an outside perspective that’s focused on shifting B2B marketing efforts from table stakes to inspired without a lot of fuss.
At TriComB2B, we are committed to a B2B world that’s always innovating and to our talented team (who makes it all possible). We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
Who You Are:
As our Media Strategist, you must have a passion for B2B marketing and an analytical, results-oriented mindset. You will welcome the opportunity to work with all parts of the agency, compile and synthesize media recommendations for client programs, establish measurement, and report results.
Our clients must deploy their marketing resources prudently and effectively. One of our key responsibilities is to help them determine the optimal communication channels for campaigns and programs to meet their marketing objectives. Once implemented, we also must monitor and measure campaigns to ensure their effectiveness.
Primary Responsibilities: Media Strategy Development
- Meet with clients via agency account teams to define and understand campaign and program objectives.
- Coordinate with agency resources to predict and estimate efficacy of different media options against client objectives. This includes interactions with digital marketing, public relations, social media and creative team members.
- Investigate trade media opportunities and integrate recommendations with other channels.
- Evaluate media channels holistically and objectively against client objectives and budgets.
- With account team and other functional leads, compile and present recommendations to clients.
Secondary Responsibilities: Measuring, Analyzing and Reporting
- Collect campaign performance data from relevant sources. This includes routine, proactive requests from trade/online media outlets and internal agency resources as relevant to client programs.
- Develop consistent, agency-wide approach to results reporting, with understanding that we may encounter account-specific customizations.
- Analyze results, highlight and explain significance of important metrics, and offer and summarize recommendations with support of agency resources.
- Evaluate dashboards and other reporting tools for agency use.
- B2B marketing orientation — client- or agency-side
- Minimum of five years’ experience engaging with trade publications (digital and print) and other online media to develop paid media proposals
- Solid grasp of display network and programmatic advertising
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of contemporary B2B media channels (online search, social media, public relations, etc.) to engage with agency resources and evaluate options
- Demand generation experience
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel; confident with computer applications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Proclivity for analytics and details
- Multitasks and has good project management and organizational skills
- Communicates clearly and courteously via telephone and email as well as in person
- Has a strong work ethic in a team environment; is a self-motivated go-getter who can compile proposals and reports to completion while respecting other perspectives and personalities
- Exercises common sense
- Does not take self too seriously; possesses a good sense of humor