- Our Approach
Spotlight On: John Nagy
Welcome to the inaugural edition of “Spotlight On”, a new feature here on TriComB2B’s blog. Spotlight On will allow readers to learn more about the talented people who make up the TriComB2B roster. It’ll highlight some career accomplishments and let you know just exactly what our employees bring to the table when you sign on to work with us.
The first employee under the glare of the spotlight is John Nagy, our creative strategist. John’s advertising and marketing career includes stops in Indianapolis and Cincinnati, but we’re beyond glad that “Dayton” is the city printed on his business card. A sampling of John’s job titles over his career includes the following: V.P., Creative Director; Associate Creative Director; Manager of Art Services; Senior Art Director; and Art Director.
Needless to say, the creative meetings he leads will be instrumental in developing the groundwork for your marketing campaign. Some career highlights from his past follows.
- Was instrumental in launching the campaign for USG Sheetrock Dust Control Joint Compound. Through a successful integrated marketing campaign, USG met their sales goals, in spite of a significant slump in the residential housing market. The campaign was a recipient of an Effie award sponsored by the American Marketing Association.
- Created an innovative direct marketing campaign for Allianz Global Risks to underscore their commitment to better service in an industry known for poor responsiveness. This best-of-show campaign scored well above average in responses.
- Produced a television campaign that propelled Super Soaker squirt guns to #1 in U.S. toy sales and resulted in the creation of their own toy category.
- Supervised and art directed work for the Cincinnati Museum Center. This work led to an incredibly successful grand opening and broke attendance records for the museum’s OMNIMAX Theater.
- Developed advertising and dealer support materials to launch the Senco SLP20 Brad Nailer. This was the most successful pneumatic tool introduction in the industry, surpassing Senco’s sales projections by more than 40 percent.
Well, now that you know a little bit more about some of the work John’s done in the industry, this next part should tell you what the industry thinks of his work. These are awards John has won throughout his illustrious career:
National ADDY; gold, silver and bronze Effies; Clio silver statue; Obie finalists; silver and bronze medals in the New York International Advertising Festivals; BtoB Magazine’s Annual Best Creative — Online; CEBA Awards; Best of Show in the Chicago Tower Awards, Cincinnati ADDYs, and Cincinnati Art Directors competitions as well as several local and regional awards.
In addition, John has had his work displayed in the following: Graphis Advertising Annual, Communication Arts, Archive, Print, How, Adweek and Advertising Age.
The pièce de résistance to Mr. Nagy’s illustrious career was winning the prestigious top prize in the disco dancing contest at the Beech Grove, Indiana, Holiday Inn in the mid-1970s. We thought you should know that.
With a career spanning decades of award-winning creative, John Nagy brings incredible value to TriComB2B’s marketing efforts. His history of producing results in multiple mediums — print, online, mobile applications, promotional items, etc. — ensures when you walk into your creative meeting for the first time, you’ll get one of the industry’s brightest minds working directly for you.