- Our Approach
Creatively Maximize SEO Efforts for Business-to-Business Marketing
I just finished reading an article in the November issue of PRWeek entitled, "How Can Companies Be More Creative in Maximizing Their SEO Efforts?" Included below are some of the article's creative business-to-business marketing strategies.
- Keyword research – First and foremost, keyword research is needed for Web sites. Greg Jarboe, president and cofounder, SEO-PR, recommends using Wordstream's free keyword tool, which he describes as "more comprehensive and accurate than the Google AdWords keyword tool."
- "Linkbait" – Among the other creative business-to-business marketing strategies presented was to develop unique, relevant content that will quickly gain popularity. Several "good hooks" include: firsthand accounts of current events and quirky and unusual content.
- Optimize Video for YouTube – You can use YouTube's keyword suggestion tool to conduct keyword research to optimize a video. Then you can incorporate keywords in the title, description and tags to help in the search efforts of your video.
- Find Link Backs – You should build relationships with people talking about relevant issues and then share your links and link back to them.
- Optimize Everything That's Digital – The article also pointed out that "SEO is about more than just your Web site; it's about your entire digital presence." Keeping that thought in mind, it is important to optimize additional digital content such as social profiles, photos, blogs, etc. By optimizing your entire digital presence, you will draw people to your site.
- Generate Content for Users – A more basic way to maximize SEO efforts for business-to-business marketing is to generate content that will fulfill user needs. Think about what information your users seek and then optimize your site with content based around those ideas, as well as those keywords.